E-Privacy & Imprint
Data Privacy Notice for the use of this Website
This website is operated by Berndorf Band GmbH, Leobersdorfer Straße 26, 2560 Berndorf, Austria (“we”). This notice provides you with information on how we, as the data controller, will process your personal data in connection with this website.
1. Your personal data
In the course of your visit of this website we will collect the following information:
- the pages visited on our website (URL)
- date and time of your visit of this website
- your IP address
- name and version of your web browser
- the website (URL) you have visited before you accessed this website
- certain cookies (see point 2 below)
- In case you are using our contact form, we are also processing the information that you provide us with by filling out the form.
There is no obligation to provide the data that we ask you for when filling out the contact form. However, if you do not provide your personal data, you will not be able to contact us in this way.
This website uses so-called cookies. A cookie is a small file that may be installed on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are generally used to provide site visitors with additional functionality within the site. They may for example be created to keep track of your visit and support your navigation of the website, help you resume where you left off and/or remember your preferences and settings when you visit the website again. Cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on your computer.
Most of the cookies used on this website are so-called session cookies. They are automatically deleted once you leave the website. On the other hand, persistent cookies remain on your computer until you delete them in your browser. We use persistent cookies to recognized you when you visit this website the next time.
If you want to control the cookies installed on your computer, you can modify your browser settings so that it notifies you when a website wants to install a cookie or you can block cookies altogether. You can also delete cookies that have already been installed on your computer. Refer to the ‘Help’ function within your browser for more information on how to do these things.
Please note, however, that disabling cookies might affect your online experience and/or prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
3. Facebook Pixel and LinkedIn Insight Tag
On this website we use
- the “Facebook Pixel” of Facebook Ireland Ltd, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland (“Facebook”); and
- the “LinkedIn Insight Tag” from LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland (“Facebook”).
We may therefore track your activities after you click on a Facebook or LinkedIn advertisement that directs users to our website. This is to track the effectiveness of such advertising for statistical and market research purposes and may be used to optimise future advertising for you.
Cookies can also be installed on your computer for these purposes.
4. Purposes for which we process your data
We will process your personal data set out under point 1 above for the following purposes:
- to make this website available to you and to further optimize and develop this website;
- to answer your requests;
- to create usage statistics;
- to be able to recognize, prevent and investigate attacks of this website.
5. Legal basis of the processing
We process your personal data on the basis of our prevailing legitimate interest (Article 6(1)(f) European General Data Protection Regulation) to achieve the purposes set out under point 4 above and your permission (Article 6(1)(f) European General Data Protection Regulation).
6. Transfer of your personal data
For the purposes set out above, we will transfer your personal data to the following recipients:
- IT service providers that we use;
- advertising agencies that we use;
- our subsidiary companies and partner firms of Berndorf Band Group.
Group members of Berndorf Band Group are:
- Berndorf Band GmbH
- Berndorf Band Engineering GmbH
- Berndorf Sondermaschinenbau GmbH
- ESICO B.V.
- Berndorf Belt Technology, Inc.
- SBS Steel Belt Systems USA, Inc.
- Beijing Berndorf Technology Development China Co. ,Ltd.
- Berndorf Band Latinoamerica S.A.S.
- Berndorf Steel Belt Systems Ltd., Co.
- Nippon Belting Systems Co., Ltd.
Some of the recipients referred to above are located in or process personal data outside of your country. The level of data protection in another country may not be equivalent to that in your country. However, we only transfer your personal data to countries where the EU Commission has decided that they have an adequate level of data protection or we take measures to ensure that all recipients provide an adequate level of data protection. We do this for example by entering into appropriate data transfer agreements based on Standard Contractual Clauses (2010/87/EC and/or 2004/915/EC). Such agreements are accessible upon request, see contact details under point 9.
7. Retention periods
We will retain your data for a period of three months, in general. We will only retain your data for a longer period to the extent that this is necessary to investigate attacks of our website. We will retain the data we are processing in the context of a request by you for seven years.
8. Your rights in connection with your personal data
Under applicable law, you have, among others, the rights (under the conditions set out in applicable law): (i) to check whether and what kind of personal data we hold about you and to request copies of such data, (ii) to request correction, supplementation or deletion of your personal data that is inaccurate or processed in non-compliance with applicable requirements, and (iii) to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data, (iv) in certain circumstances, to object for legitimate reasons to the processing of your personal data or to revoke any consent previously granted for the processing, (v) to request data portability, (vi) to know the identities of third parties to which your personal data are transferred, and (vii) to lodge a complaint with the competent authority.
9. Our contact details
Please address your requests or questions concerning the processing of your personal data to:
Berndorf Band GmbH
Leobersdorfer Strasse 26
2560 Berndorf, Österreich
Commercial register no. 233231 m | Jurisdiction: LG als HG Wiener Neustadt
VAT number: ATU61611205
Last updated on 04/2020.