Berndorf Band Group offers a wide variety of steel belt systems, which are custom made to your requirements and specifications. One area of expertise of Berndorf Band Group is that of Process Equipment. This is the design, construction, installation and maintenance of steel belt solidification and cooling systems.
As your total solution provider, Berndorf Band Group offers complete packages to meet your demands, starting from feasibility studies and tests to engineering, design, manufacturing, construction and installation of your plant.
Drawing from more than 30 years of experience in Process Equipment, we are your reliable partner and will support you in all phases of your project. Our package includes tailor made belt systems, steel belts with perfect belt geometry, turnkey installations and worldwide service.
Areas of Application
Single and double steel belt coolers engineered by Berndorf Band Group are used for a wide range of production processes. From cooling and crystallization to pastillation of materials like sulphur, powder paint and chemicals in the shape of flakes, pastilles, strips or sheets, all customer specifications can be fulfilled with Berndorf single or double belt cooling systems.
The process of a steel belt cooler
To solidify the molten product, nozzles spray water on the bottom steel belt to guarantee uniform cooling of the product. To save the environment and to avoid a cross-contamination of the end products the systems are engineered to prevent contact between the product and the coolant. Additionally cooling water is collected in tanks.
Single Belt Cooler
The single belt coolers are mainly used for products with low specific heat, low viscosity and low density. Especially for manufacturing molded materials like pastilles, flakes, strips, etc. profit from this production line.
- Production of different shapes: pastilles, strips, strip granulate, flakes, plates, sheets, etc.
- Product specific temperature profiles due to different cooling zones
- Economical due to low operating and maintenance costs
- Environmentally friendly
Double Belt Cooler
Berndorf double belt coolers are mainly used for handling low and medium viscosities. Different feeding devices are available to be installed at the infeed of the machine to bring the product onto the belts. The pressure of the upper belt guarantees a fast cooling of the raw material which is cooled between both belt surfaces. Compared to single belt coolers, double belt coolers achieve better results with higher capacity.
- Product curling is eliminated, and production rates are greatly increased since the product is sandwiched between two belts, assuring to be in belt contact both top and bottom
- Reduced floor space requirements thanks to the increased production rates
- Vapors are more easily controlled, which provides greater safety for employees
- Cooling can be zoned, both top and bottom, optimizing cooling performance
The variety of Berndorf feeding devices has been developed to meet different process requirements for a wide range of products. The versatile application possibilities enable the production of materials from low to high viscosities and a melting temperature of up to 300 °C as well as the production of pastilles in different sizes simply by exchanging the outer shell and nozzle bar, with or without refeed bar. Available Berndorf feeding devices are berndrop® and bernflow®.
- High production output
- Good material flow characteristics and customized, dust free end products
- Side tightness to avoid product contamination into rotating parts
- Easy operation and maintenance because of long shell cleaning intervals