WORLDWIDE R&D AND TEST CENTERS WITH DIVERSE CAPABILITIES
Berndorf Band Group is proud to have worldwide R&D and test centers with diverse capabilities. Our test centers can be found in the United States of America, Japan, and, of course, Austria. Our international team of approximately 500 provides on-site support and outstanding customer service. This includes responsive, certified technical teams to ensure that your Steel Belts and Belt Systems are always ready for use. In our R&D Center in Austria we offer also Pilot Lines for Process Equipment and Casting Systems. Our whole portfolio for Cooling and Solidification Systems can further be tested in our test centers in USA and Japan.
R&D CENTER FOR PRODUCTION TESTING IN AUSTRIA
Our headquarters in Berndorf, Austria, is our main location for planning and testing custom solutions for Steel Belts, Belt Systems, and their associated components. It is also home to our research and development facility. Here, our team of dedicated specialists can assist you with customized solutions, including everything from conducting feasibility studies to manufacturing product samples and production materials.
Exclusively in our Austrian R&D center customers have the opportunity to run tests on our Modular Double Belt Press. The interplay of process know-how and state-of-the-art technology is the basis for optimal decision-making in module selection and assembly according to product requirements.
What is a Double Belt Press?
The Double Belt Press is a continuous press. Two endless Steel Belts run one above the other around two pairs of upper and lower drums and form a pressure zone between them.
Where a conventional Double Belt Press may only allow production companies to create limited products, Berndorf Band Group’s unique Modular Double Belt Press will allow you to keep up with the continuing change in demand. The modular system can combine different press types and allows for a variety of heating and cooling modules in the same production line.
ADVANTAGES OF THE MODULAR DOUBLE BELT PRESS
Berndorf Band Group’s Double Belt Press offers the following advantages:
- Heating and cooling under pressure in a single continuous production step
- Uniform and efficient heat transfer (heating/cooling) from both sides ensures straightness / flatness without warpage
- Uniform pressure transfer onto the product ensures a precise thickness control
- Customer-specific design according to product requirements possible
- The Steel Belt ensures a smooth product surface
- Precise process control in term of polymer specific cooling curves
- Operating temperature up to 420 °C | 788 °F enables the production of polymers
- Pressure up to 50 bar | 725 PSI ensures highest consolidation levels
INCREASED VERSATILITY WITH MODULAR SYSTEM
The modular system of our Double Belt Presses allows the combination of any number of modules and components. Different press types can be combined in one single machine to meet the required process needs. Our Modular Double Belt Press is characterized by its exceptional versatility and allows the production of a wide range of products on a single machine.
The following modules are available:
- Sliding Plate Module Heating (SPM-H)
- Sliding Plate Module High-Pressure (SPM-HP)
- Sliding Plate Module Temperature-Control (SPM-TC)
- Sliding Plate Module Cooling (SPM-C)
- Roller Carpet Module Heating (RCM-H)
- Fixed Roller Module Heating (FRM-H)
All modules and components for our Double Belt Press are available for testing at our R&D Center in Berndorf.